About Imphal City
Imphal is the capital of Manipur, a state in northeastern India. On the Imphal River, Kangla Fort was once the seat of local rulers, and now houses relics. Imphal has a untouched charm surrounding its natural beauty, sceneries and landscapes as well as a significant history leaving hints of the past around the city. The lust green landscapes, beautiful surroundings, unexplored territories and undulating rivers of Imphal make for a great tourist destination. This site of the battle of Imphal during the World War II, assumes a certain importance, derived from history. Imphal is an all-season tourist spot, but mainly busy during summers.
Nice to know- It derives its name from ‘Yumphal’, which means ‘land of many villages’ and its landscape is a mix of hills, valleys, forests and several rivers like Iril, Sekmai, Thoubal and Khuga. The modern game of polo is derived from Manipur’s Sagol Kangjei and it is not surprising that the Imphal Polo Ground is the oldest polo ground in the world. The Martial arts of Thang-ta and Huyen lallong originated from Imphal and watching performances is fascinating.
Things to visit and do
- Loktak Lake and Sendra Island- This is the largest fresh water lake in the North-Eastern India ad the only floating lake in the world.
- Kangla Fort - Also known as the Palace of Kangla, this place situated on the banks of the Imphal river, served as the royal palace of King Pakhangba.
- Shaheed Minar
- Tharon Cave
- INA Memorial - Once used as the unofficial headquarters of the Indian National Army, this memorial was built to honour the soldiers who had sacrificed their lives for India.
- Langthabal - The jackfruit and pine plantations among the splendid architectural beauties are a must see.
- Keibul Lamjao National Park - The only floating National Park in the world, this place is definitely a must see.
- Singda Dam - The highest mud dam in the world is the Singda Dam.
- Phubala - Water sports can be carried out at the two islands that are situated amidst the Lake. A picturesque view of the lake can be enjoyed by the tourists.
- Ebudhou Thangjing Temple, Moirang - During May, when the Moirang Lai Haraoba festival is celebrated, people flock to seek the blessings of 'Ebudhou Thangjing'.
Best time to visit Oct-Apr
Imphal has breezy summers, moderate rainfall in monsoon and chilly but pleasant winters. Imphal can be visited any time of the year but the maximum number of tourists visits the city in summers. October to April is the best months to visit Imphal, avoiding the monsoons which might keep you from experiencing the best of Imphal.
About Allahabad City
Allahabad is a city in Uttar Pradesh state, north India. Triveni Sangam, the confluence of the Ganges, Yamuna and "invisible" Saraswati rivers, is considered holy by Hindus. Allahabad is a largely religious city which plays host to the famous Kumbh mela every 12 years and has numerous attractions for tourists. Kumbh Mela, when the waters are said to be especially purifying, occurs every 12th year in Allahabad. This occasion is most sacred to the Hindus, and people gather in hundred thousands to take a holy dip in the confluence during this occasion. It is the City of God in Persian and also known as Prayag (Sanskrit for "place of sacrifice").
Nice to know - The University of Allahabad, also known as Allahabad University, is the fourth oldest university of the country. The University has produced one President of India, one Vice-President, three Indian and one foreign Prime Ministers, many Chief Ministers, three Chief Justices of India, and one army chief. No other university in the country has such a remarkable distinction.
Things to visit and see
- Triveni Sangam
- Allahabad Planetarium
- Khusro Bagh
- Allahabad Fort
- Ashoka Pillar
- Allahabad Museum
- Anand Bhavan
- Swaraj Bhawan
Best time to visit Oct-Mar is the best time Magh Mela typically happens in the month of mid-January - early March (according to Hindu Calendar), and this is the time when thousands of people flock to the town to take a dip in holy Sangam. However, the Maha Kumbh happens only once in 12 years during the same months, and should not be missed. Though Allahabad is accessible throughout the year and tourists sites are also always open, summer temperatures can get uncomfortably high, and it is best to avoid this time. During the monsoon, the Ghats may not be accessible, and there are restrictions on people bathing in the river so this time too is not ideal.
Imphal Airport Information
IMF Airport Address Read More
5993 Airport Blvd, Bartow, FL 33830, USA, Imphal
Contact Number:-  +1 863-533-1195
Allahabad Airport Information
IXD Airport Address Read More
Airport Road, Bamrauli, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211012, Allahabad
Contact Number:-  0532 258 0453
Imphal To Allahabad Group Booking FAQ's
What is the minimum number of passengers required for a group booking ?
You need a minimum of 10 passengers who are travelling on the same date. Infant who do not occupy a seat is not counted towards the number of passengers.
I would like to make a groups’ booking but I only have less than 10 passengers, can I still request for a quote ?
For group size of less than 10 passengers, please book directly via website farehawker.com
Can I do a web check-in for my group booking ?
Web check-in is not permitted for group booking.
I am getting a lower fare on your website and the group fare seems high for Imphal To Allahabad.
Fare available on our website are for instant ticketing.
1. Fare available on the website may or may not be available for all passengers in a group.
2. You get time to decide while making a group booking.
3. You get flexibility in giving names for a group booking as names are not required instantly and for future travel names can be given 15 days prior departure.
What is the maximum number of passengers that can be booked as a group at farehawker.com ?
Up to 20 passengers can be booked at Farehawker. For information about groups of more than 20 passengers, please contact our travel jockey email@example.com or Call us at:- +91 11 65663434
What are the benefits for booking through Groups ?
Group fares are packaged with 20kg check-in baggage allowance and standard seat assignment.
1. No booking fees :- No need for instant full payment
2. Flexibility for confirmed names only 7 days from departure
3. No additional charges for Name change (change of pax) made at least 48 hours before first flight departure
How do I pay after accepting the fares ?
Once you get the PNR payment can be made through Credit Card/Debit card, Net Banking.
Can i be denied boarding if my name or title on the booking does not match the details on my photo identity card ?
Yes, boarding can be denied if the name or title on the itinerary does not match the name on the identity card.
Can we return on different date ?
No deviation from Group is allowed, all passenger have to travel on the same date(s).
Can my whole group change the travelling date ?
Yes, however it will be subject to a re-quotation and date change fees applied. Please contact our Sales Jockey firstname.lastname@example.org for the assistance.
Can I get a quote without baggage allowance ?
All Groups booking come with standard 20kg baggage allowance.
Do I enjoy the online promotional fares via Groups Online Booking System ?
No, Group Online Booking System offers regular group fares only.
Can miles be collected with a group booking ?
Yes, most airlines allow miles to be collected for group travel, but for individual account.